Intermittent Fasting (part three)...Healthy?
We at Active Health Chiropractic have been discussing intermittent fasting. We know what it is, we know what it does, and now lets reiterate some of its benefits.
1) fat burning and muscle gain
2) body induces important cellular repair processes, such as removing waste material from cells
3)boosts your metabolic rate (increases calories out) and reduces the amount of food you eat (reduces calories in)
4) reduces insulin resistance which should help lower blood sugar levels and protect against type 2 diabetes
5) beneficial changes in several genes and molecules related to longevity and protection against disease
6) again, lose weight and visceral fat (are holidays too much for you?)
7) with oxidative reduction comes a reduction in chronic diseases
8) fasting triggers a metabolic pathway called autophagy, which removes waste material from cells
In summary, first decide which method of intermittent fasting will work better for you. So whether you are truck driver with a diet of fast food, heavy equipment driver in need of a DOT medical card, or a homemaker with little ones running around, remember that intermittent fasting is a very popular weight-loss method, but its benefits extend beyond that. It can help you live a longer and all-around healthier life too.
Our Chiropractic physicians can focus on your overall health and wellness, enabling you to run FASTER, jump HIGHER, and recover QUICKER. Helping you ultimately in achieving your greatest health and wellness goals.
Be it an AUTO ACCIDENT, WORK INJURY, or PLAY.
At Active Health Chiropractic, We have MORE than just your back!